Thursday, April 23, 2009

The lonely Cabbage!

I planted several cabbage seeds, this one is the only one that came up. Looks like some one else is hungry by looking at the leaves, I sprayed it with some soap mixture, I hope it works. Excited to see if it grows big.

Every year I try and grow some thing new. This year, there are several. So far, Cabbage, Zucchini, Onions, Cucumbers,Potatoes.

My garden gets a little bigger every year. This year its 17 X 32. And we just tilled another section last week, 10 X 14. Its on the other side of the Red shed you have seen in the garden pics. It runs East to West so gets all day sun. DH planted Cantaloupe and Water Mellon seeds there so they don't take over the garden like last year. And What do I see peaking though the soil in the middle, Yep, More Corn!. I swear, He is addicted to growing corn.

I see some things growing in my potato buckets, and not sure if its corn or Canna Lilly's. Will have to wait and see. I'm new to growing potatoes, so right now, they have grown over the short buckets,(Need to use taller buckets next time) they have just flowered little white flowers. So I guess the next step is wait for them to turn brown, then dump and look for Tatters. Will let you know how it goes.



Sharon

No comments: