Thursday, April 23, 2009

EG Simmons Park

Enough about gardening.

We went camping at EG Simmons park April 10-12, It was a bad weekend, it was spring break here, and Easter weekend as well, But it was the only weekend, my daughter had off of school and work.

We called on Wed, they were booked for the whole week, they told us to call back on Thursday. So we did, we called at 9am, 11am, and 12pm, They said, they might have a few check outs after noon, as that's check out time. Said to call back at 1pm. So we did, and they had 5 check outs. They don't reserve, its first come first serve. So my daughter and I hoped in the car and hauled you know what, out to Riverview, its like 45 miles from my house, on I75. On the way, we seen several trucks pulling campers and pop ups, So that made us drive faster to pass them, just in case they were headed there.

By the time we got there, they only had 2 spots left. One with a boat slip, Not much of a choice but hey, its a spot. Its only $12 per night with full hookup, bath, showers, RV Dump stations, Boat launch, Beach if you can call it that, Nice, playgrounds on the beach and campgrounds. If you like the water, its a nice place to camp. BUT! you much be prepared for the the chiggers and no seeums. They will tear you up, I'm not kidding.

We use tiki torches, Spray the ground with yard gaurd. Use lots of Deep woods off, and skin so soft. Also have a screen room we stay in. Believe it or not, it is nice. If you can put up with the bugs.

The park was totally full and usually is, with RV's that say for a full 30 days at a time.

You can view my pics on my "Web Shots", (man, I need to work on updating that)

 Okay, So webshots changed and closed my account. So had to open up a Photo bucket account.  Here is a link to EG simmons park pictures. 

EG Simmons Park Florida Picture Link


Here is link to "EG Simmons park".




Happy Camping,
Sharon

1 comment:

Dawn Nemzek said...

Funny how things work. . My family just got an older popup that needs sprucing up yesterday. Along with that we were investigating E.G. SImmons for camping yesterday. Then this morning I come across your blog because of your pop up redo and then start reading more and you have been to E.G. Simmons. Just very ironic. We are in Manatee county and camp at Ft. Desoto and other state parks all the time. Love it!! I have started following your blog as it has great resources. Great to have another Floridian to gather camping and gardening ideas from.